How Do Improve My Notebook Battery Performance?
Notebook battery performance varies on several factors including: screen brightness, peripheral use, applications used, hard drive activity, CPU use and more. That being said, laptop battery performance can vary greatly depending on how the laptop is being used. Below are some general tips for improving notebook battery performance and run-time.
Notebook Battery Performance Tips:
- Through your operating system you can specify power management features and functions - optimize these features and areas to expand notebook battery run-time.
- New notebook batteries need breaking in: fully charge the notebook battery, discharge it down to 20% remaining and then fully charge it again, repeat 3-4 times to break-in the notebook battery and get it to charge to its maximum
- Regularly clean notebook battery contacts to maintain good and clean contacts between the notebook battery and laptop. A cotton swab and alcohol can be used to clean notebook battery contacts
- Exercise the notebook battery, at the minimum you should use the notebook battery once at least every couple weeks. If you haven't used your laptop battery in sometime then use the break-in procedures again as described above
- Properly store your notebook battery if you will not be using it for an extended period of time (one month or longer) in a cool, dry and clean place after fully charging the laptop battery.